A shift is in the works — a change in how people receive and interact with content online. The search-only style of content discovery has been flipped on its head to a dynamic push delivery. Clearly, this shift will change the digital experience, but how? And do customers really want a "show me" web? Find out at today's Tweet Jam.
The Jam kicks off at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EDT / 1700 GMT. As always, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to take part. Join in by using the #cxmchat hashtag, logging in to our chatroom or through Cover it Live, found below.
On board to keep the conversation going, will be:
- Bard Farstad, Co-Founder and Director of Product Innovation at eZ Publishing — @bardfarstad
- Michael Snow, Principal Product Marketing Manager for HP TeamSite — @DAMSnowman
- John Kottcamp, Chief Marketing Technologist at Tahzoo — @jkottcamp
- John Zimmerer, Director of Marketing at Top Down Systems — @johnzimmerer
- Melissa Webster, Program VP, Content & Digital Media Technologies at IDC — @mwebster_idc
- Peggy Chen, Senior Director of Product Marketing at SDL — @pbc88
- Ryan Lunka, Digital Marketing Director at nChannel — @rlunka
- Tjeerd Brenninkmeijer, CMO and Co-founder at Hippo — @tbrenninkmeijer
- Tony White, Founder and CEO at Ars Logica — @arslogica
The following questions will guide our discussion:
- What do we mean when we say the push vs. the pull web?
- What changes are forcing the move towards a push web?
- What is the center of intelligence in a push web? And what role does a WCM play?
- How does the push web benefit consumers? Brands?
- Delivering relevant content to consumers implies a level of understanding of consumers across channels — do most businesses have that knowledge?
- What privacy considerations do a push strategy raise that a pull strategy doesn't?
A few things to keep in mind:
- Introduce yourself with your first #cxmchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for
- Answer question one with A1, question two with A2, etc. — and be sure to include the #cxmchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird A4 Push allows brands to deliver personalized relevant content directly to an individual customer #cxmchat"
- Please don't pitch products or services — stay knowledge focused
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal
- Remember that this is a public chat — be thoughtful