CMSWire's second annual DX Summit is only one month away — and excitement is building for an even bigger and better event that promises to provide attendees the latest insights on digital customer experience.
The three-day digital experience summit, which runs Nov. 14 through 16 at the Radisson Blu Aqua hotel in Chicago, brings a host of digital customer experience and marketing technology thought-leaders and practitioners together around one common goal: delivering better digital experiences for customers and prospects.
Modern Venue, Bigger Show
The exciting parts? For starters, DX Summit 2016 is at a new venue. We fell in love with the elegant style of the Radisson Blu Aqua, located in downtown Chicago overlooking Lake Michigan. The hotel was finished in 2009 and features modern touches by an award-winning architect, Jeanne Gang.
Further, we've already surpassed the number of attendees from our inaugural event and look forward to a bigger, better conference. We'll provide ample opportunities to network with practitioners, thought-leaders and technology providers and fellow attendees. What's more, we've got almost double the amount of sessions of last year.
We're bringing back some of the most popular speakers from last year, including, of course, CMSWire President and Publisher Brice Dunwoodie, who shared thoughts on innovating in a challenging operations atmosphere at the 2015 event.
Also returning is Meghan Walsh, CMSWire Reader Advisory Board member and senior director of content strategy at Hilton Worldwide. She'll discuss how Hilton tackles digital asset and content management through three lenses: content strategy, product management and technical architecture.
We're also welcoming back DX veteran thought-leaders such as Seth Earley, founder and CEO of Earley Information Science; Tony Byrne, founder and CEO of Real Story Group; Forrester Research analyst Mark Grannan; Deb Lavoy, CEO of Narrative Builders; and Pierre DeBois, founder of Zimana, a digital analytics consultancy.
Go here for a full list of our speakers.
- Customer Carewords CEO Gerry McGovern will keynote on Tuesday morning. He'll talk about the culture of digital transformation and how we are leaving the age of the carefully designed products and entering the age of services that rapidly evolve based on constant feedback from their customers.
- Josh Aberant, Chief Marketing Officer at SparkPost, will discuss the data-driven culture that was the foundation of all decisions within the Twitter growth team. Before Sparkpost, Aberant served as postmaster at Twitter for four years.
- Diane Magers, board chair at the Customer Experience Professionals Association, will talk about designing customer experience that addresses people as people, not just buyers. Magers was previously at AT&T, where she built and executed programs to drive cultural change, systematically embed CX and strategically drive CX innovation.
- Digital Clarity Group's Cathy McKnight will lead a roundtable on choosing a DX platform. Speakers will play the roles of executive champion/budget holder, project leader, consulting partner and solution team.
- Forrester Research senior analyst Cinny Little will present best practices for organizational models and proven success factors to advance a digital analytics practice.
- Sheryl Kingstone, director of research 451 Research, will talk about the putting digital at work in a transformative way by ensuring that data and insight are embedded into an automated process that connects divisions, back office and front office to eliminate manual processes and more effectively engage customers, partners or employees.
Virtual Reality, New Speakers
Attendees of the DX Summit 2016 will also get a peek of virtual reality through our VR Experience room by Vectorform. Other highlights for this year's DX Summit include:
- Double the amount of sponsors, representing a broad range of DX technologies — from website optimization to customer insights to intelligent search
- Sessions that are interactive but intimate with speakers who will be more accessible than at many other conferences
- Gamification, with a sponsor booth photo competition and a random drawing during the People’s Choice Awards for a new Apple Watch Series 2
- Curation across all the content: balancing roundtables, slotting break-outs against each other and keynotes that promise actionable insights. "The process to getting all the speakers on board was just completed. We’ve been very careful about what matters to our audience and how to supply them with the right content," said CMSWire's Candace Cui, senior manager of events and strategic content.
"I’d like to emphasize that this isn’t just about making an event, it’s about making a community event," Cui said. "We put this much care into the crafting of DX Summit because we respect and listen to our audiences and readership, so this is the best opportunity to convey that in reality."
Connect With Us
- CMSWire digital experience channel
- Our video recap from last year's DX Summit
- DX Summit 2016 website
- DX Summit Twitter
- DX Summit Facebook
- DX Summit Instagram
Title image of CMSWire staffer Natalie Jeday