You may have been scraping for change for coffee, but some major organizations were throwing quite a bit of money around in a week crammed with mergers and acquisitions.
OpenText, meanwhile, dropped $163 million to acquire Recommind, an e-discovery and information analytics provider. Salesforce entered the e-commerce fray by buying Demandware for $2.8 billion. And London-based UBM — the parent of those ubiquitious PR Newswire press releases — acquired Joe Pulizzi's Cleveland-based Content Marketing Institute (CMI) for $17.6 million.
UBM is a big player in the global events space, and we explore why B2B industry events are still as important as ever. "Why are events so popular? Perhaps because so many businesses rely heavily on contractors, freelancers and remote workers, leaving fewer peers in-house for strategy sessions and brainstorming," the story explained.
And sometimes, you can accomplish more with a single in-person meeting than weeks of calls, email and virtual chats. At CMSWire, we're firmly committed to live events.
It's why we're sponsoring our second annual DX Summit in Chicago this November. You should join us … There's so much to talk about, and no better way to have conversations than face-to-face.
Have a great week ahead, and hope to see you at our Summit in November.
What got us talking this week:
- DX Leaders: ’Keep a Laser Focus on Data'
- DX Leaders: ’Develop Workflow Processes to Handle Publishing Tasks'
- Do You Abandon Your Customers Post-Sale?
- Identifying the Weak Link in Your CRM Evolution
Enterprise Information Management
- Don't Fear Skynet at Work
- Why You Should Know About Continuous Apps
- Future-Proof Your Data Governance for Changing Privacy Laws
- Protecting Your Company From Vishing Attacks
- Does Microsoft Really Give a Damn About Yammer?
- SharePoint Intranet Requirements: More Collaboration, Less Email
- Want Loyal Customers? Start with Loyal Employees
- Digital Workplace Adoption: We're in This for the Long Haul
Featured Events (all events | post your event)
- June 8 — IBM Content 2016
- June 8 —
[RSG Webinar] 10 Myths Martech Vendors Tell (And What's the Real Story)
- June 22 —
Earley Executive Roundtable
- June 29 —
[Webinar] Digital Assets: Protecting for Life
- Nov. 14 — DX Summit 2016