CMSWire invites you to join us Wednesday, December 19th at 8 am PST/ 11 am EST/ 1600 GMT for our inaugural Google Hangout where we'll discuss Deb Lavoy's article "2013 Prediction: Social Business Tech will Stop Blaming Culture for Failure" and how it makes some very interesting points about the real challenges for organizations that are working towards becoming more social as well as, whether or not we have been so focused on one aspect of social business that we haven't recognized there's more to this problem.
We've invited three industry experts to join our roundtable discussion. They include:
- Deb Lavoy, Director Product Marketing for Social Media at OpenText
- Stephen Fishman, Director of Application Architecture and Engineering for a prominent .com
- Rich Blank, Solutions Engineer, NewsGator Technology
Questions for the panel:
- In the last couple of years, the main challenges that have surrounded social business today have focused on culture. But Deb, in her article, points to a technology gap that may be an even more important challenge. Which one is causing us more problems today? And is one driving the other?
- We talk about being more social like it’s something we don’t do already. But the water cooler has been around forever. Is this really a discussion of social? Or are we simply struggling to find the right words to describe what we are trying to achieve?
- Is the problem with the technology a design challenge or is it something broader -- that is, is the technology itself being driven by goals that are not related to social business?
- By pointing at technology and culture as culprits are we missing the bigger picture? Is lack of progress a sign that “social business” is not the answer? Or is the real problem the lack of agreement/understanding of what a social business is?
Mark your calendars, get your Google+ up and running and take a little time to talk social business with Deb, Stephen and Rich. We look forward to seeing you there!
(Webinar) Prepare for the Digital Transformation Future
Online, Online Webinar
Digital Publishing Innovation Summit New York 2015
North America, New York City Conference
- Jul 23
- Jul 23
- Aug 27
- Sep 8
- Nov 3