- Starts: 2013-04-15 08:30
- Ends: 2013-04-17 18:00
- Timezone: (GMT-5) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
- Where: Rhode Island / North America
- Registration: Click Here for Details
- Add to Your Calendar
Join us in Providence for the 2013 CMS/DITA North America conference, the premier content management event of the year. You will find exciting presentations in four tracks, including the Emerging Technologies track we inaugurated in 2012.
Learn from managers, information architects, technology experts, authors, trainers, and others who have worked hard to develop outstanding solutions for managing content effectively. Learn from their successes and the pitfalls they’ve encountered. Engage in conversations with those who share your concerns, can address your questions, and bring their experience to bear on your plans and hopes.
In addition to taking part in the wonderful lineup of more than 60 presentations, visit with the exhibitors—a record number for 2013—to learn about their latest product innovations. They offer technologies that help you create content in an XML authoring environment, manage your content store, produce attractive and effective publications, and ensure the quality of what your deliver to customers. Remember, they are anxious to learn about your needs as well.
At CMS/DITA North America, concentrate on one of the four tracks or move across presentations on management, authoring, technical solutions, and emerging technologies.
- Management—Discussions in this track focus on the vision and leadership necessary to implement effective content management. Topics include developing metrics and calculating ROI, ideas on managing implementation more effectively, and the business value of integrating new technologies, sources, and media. The Management Track has been a well-received part of the CM Strategies program for 15 years.
- Information Design and Development—The role and responsibilities of the information architect, providing user assistance in a DITA authoring environment, creating reusable task-based learning objects, writing API documentation, working on marketing communications—these are only a few of the topics you’ll encounter to help you develop effective content and manage it efficiently.
- Technical Solutions—As DITA adoptions increasingly scale throughout the enterprise, the strategies and techniques continue to grow. The Technical Solutions sessions focus on advanced uses of technologies that both extend and optimize implementations of the DITA standard. Learn how others in the field are dealing with complex release management needs, change tracking, dynamic publishing requirements, mobile outputs, and ever-evolving uses of the DITA keyref architecture.
- Emerging Technologies—Building from the success of last year’s first emerging technologies track, this year’s talks continue to examine how companies are bridging the content creation and consumption gap using such technologies like HTML5, CSS3, SOLR, RelaxNG, and mobile applications. Talks in this track are no longer theoretical as many organizations are demonstrating practical implementations of these newer technologies in their businesses.
Come for the community, experience new insights, and leave with a wealth of new ideas that help you reap the benefits of managing content in your organization. In its 15th successful year, CMS/DITA North America is the premier conference for everyone who manages technical and business content in small departments and huge global enterprises.