May 20, 2013 -
May 24, 2013
Starts 8:30 and Ends 18:00
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
DrupalCon Portland is the official conference of the Drupal community. DrupalCon is a biannual event presented to an ever expanding international audience since Drupal became an open source project in 2001. It's produced by the Drupal Association and a fabulous group of volunteers from across the globe.
DrupalCon Portland’s theme, “Building Bridges, Connecting Communities,” demonstrates what this open source conference and community is all about. DrupalCon is a conference that will address open standards which allow separate independent systems to communicate with each other. At the same time, the conference will bridge not only new users to Drupal, but other open source and web communities. In fact, for the first time DrupalCon will co-locate with two other significant long-standing conferences: Symfony Live and WebVisions.
Drupal and Symfony, two separate open source software projects, began working together in 2012 when it was announced that portions of the Symfony project would be incorporated into the core of Drupal 8. Symfony’s enterprise development focus coupled with Drupal brings together a modern enterprise toolkit with a strong foundation for web developers to assemble a more tailored site with less work. Co-locating with Symfony Live makes sense.
WebVisions explores the future of the Web and mobile design, user experience, digital media and technology, user experience and business strategy and is a natural choice to co-locate with DrupalCon and Symfony Live for it’s attendee base of web themers and front-end developers. There is a lot of overlap, and much to learn from each other’s conferences.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who wants to learn about the open source Drupal CMS and when and why it can work for their web sites
- Web developers, themers, site architects, project managers, content authors, designers, front and back end developers and more that want to engage with the community behind Drupal
- Web professionals and firms who offer Drupal related services
- Web development firms looking to utilize Drupal in many different ways
- Anyone working for an organisation that’s adopted Drupal as their CMS
- Technology decision makers
- Business and Strategy
- User Experience (UX)
- Site Building
- Coding and Development
- Government, Nonprofit, and Education
- Core Conversations