- When: Mar 24, 2013 08:30 - Mar 24, 2013 18:00
Timezone: (GMT+1) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
- Where: Bologna / EMEA
- Registration: Click Here for Details
This unique event covers new developments that relate to the whole children's book industry. Whether you are an editor or writer, a publisher or illustrator, a marketeer or web producer this is one place to gather practical tools and insights into the changing face of children's publishing.
Come join a growing community of people to discuss the hot topics in the digital and print world while gaining access to unprecedented networking opportunities at this TOC Bologna event.
For six years running, the Tools of Change for Publishing conference in New York has been the premiere event for professionals and companies looking to explore and shape the future of publishing. The sell-out event brings together innovative people, companies and organisations to discuss compelling new business models and the strategic objectives of an ever-changing industry. In 2011, the Bologna Children's Book Fair and O’Reilly Media teamed up to bring Tools of Change to Italy for the first time in the run-up to the Bologna Children's Book Fair. Last year’s event drew over 400 attendees from over 33 countries.
With new colour tablets and mobile devices coming on the market publishers now have different online and application selling points to profit from. You'll hear keynote sessions from industry leaders and new exciting start ups, workshop on marketing and publishing ecosystems where you'll get an in depth look at many of the challenging aspects of going digital - it's really all here in one packed and inspirational day.
TOC Bologna is so much more than a conference about technology in children’s publishing - it's Programme 2013. The publishing industry is experiencing rapid change in almost every aspect: editorial, design, production, marketing, publicity, author relationships, contracts, IP and copyright. TOC Bologna will look into these root level changes and offer up solutions and case studies to help you take advantage of publishing’s ongoing transformation.
- See trends in usage and consumption behaviour affecting the publishing industry and explore what other entertainment and content industries across the globe are doing.
- Get input from the hottest brands looking for licensing opportunities in the global kids’ content market, and hear from owners of IPs looking to develop their properties outside the book channel.
- Collaboration is possibly the most important aspect in the new digital and global publishing reality. It is key to all aspects of content development and distribution. We’ll discuss how this affects authors, developers, and illustrators.