Feb 17, 2013 -
Feb 21, 2013
Starts 8:30 and Ends 18:00
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
February 2013 will mark the fifth year Social Media Week returns to New York, as we explore the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. Our mission is to help people and organizations connect through collaboration, learning and the sharing of ideas and information.
Change is happening everywhere. Startups are disrupting entire industries and scaling their businesses globally. Tyranny, injustice and unethical behavior are being exposed around the world. Groups are self organizing to take positive action. Transparency, accountability, information sharing, and collaboration are accelerating progress to levels never before seen.
In 2013 Social Media Week celebrates it fourth year of operation and intends to mark this milestone with a unifying global theme that will explore openness in a connected and collaborative world.
- Using Film to Galvanize Lasting Social Change
- Vivisection Live: The Inner Working of a Web Series
- David vs. Goliath: The Global Fight for Digital Privacy
- Visual Conversation: Being @ The Center of Social
- gsummitX - Gamification In NYC
- Writing Social: A Field Guide to Social Media for Writers and Journalists
- Native advertising: An elegant evolution or just another paid placement?
- Get H(app)y - How the Science of Well-Being Connects to Emerging Media
- and more