LAS VEGAS – OpenText unveiled its next generation of enterprise information management (EIM) offerings today at Enterprise World 2015, the company’s global user conference.
The new products, OpenText Suite 16 and OpenText Cloud 16, will enable OpenText’s EIM solutions to be deployed on-premises, in the cloud and in hybrid environments.
OpenText Suite 16 includes enterprise content management (ECM), business process management (BPM), customer experience management (CXM) and analytics, each with a host of integrated products for a comprehensive EIM offering.
Cloud 16, OpenText’s "next generation of innovation," includes cloud-based offerings for both the OpenText cloud and third-party platforms.
The Digital Imperative
“Digital disruption is fundamentally changing the way organizations interact with customers and approach to their business,” OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea said.
“Disruptive business models, innovative digital technology platforms and new tools are having a profound effect on organization whatever their industry or size. To compete and thrive, companies need to completely embrace the digital world.”
The new EIM solutions address:
- Engagement: Integration with Salesforce, including interactive forms for personalized applications, new multichannel customer communications and supply chain tracking
- Productivity: New trading partner self-enablement portal, intuitive user experience in ECM and enhanced user experience and mobility
- Innovation: New entity modeling layer in the Process Suite Platform, automated Procure-to-Pay Business processes and delivery of P2P solutions
- Insight: Embedded analytics to deliver a complete view of customers and how they consume content; new supply chain and operational metrics for B2B transactions; new Process Intelligence functionality
- Control: OpenText Core integration with Content Server; Records Management enhancements; advanced lifecycle management; viewing technologies for secure mobile access to content eSignature enabled documents via partnership with DocuSign
“We’re releasing all of these innovations and all of this technology with a big focus on internal properties and a cross use of the space,” Lubor Ptacek, OpenText VP of product marketing, told CMSWire.
“Last year we released an update to Red Oxygen but it wasn’t massive. This time around this is a massive milestone. We believe that our vision of enterprise information management is really coming together.”
Similarly, the company announced that the OpenText developer platform AppWorks has also been enhanced. The enriched product allows developers to leverage the power of both Suite 16 and Cloud 16.
The goal, Ptacek pointed out, was to make sure there was integration throughout all the products. “Nothing is more frustrating for the customer than when they see a new product and want to take advantage of it but it doesn’t integrate with other products.”
“To be digital outside, organizations have to also be digital inside. With OpenText Suite 16 and OpenText Cloud, we will help drive that digital transformation to enable customers to better manage information, better integrate their business networks and make better business decisions with analytics, for a better way to work,” Barrenechea added.