Ignite revealed some clear directions Microsoft plans to take with the future of work. But questions remain. What gaps in functionality will SharePoint 2016 address? And what does this renewed commitment to on premises SharePoint suggest for the cloudy future? What new capabilities in Office 365 hope to change the way we work? Join us today to discuss these questions and more during our What's Next for SharePoint and Office 365 Tweet Jam.
The Jam kicks off at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EDT / 1700 GMT today so be sure to join in using the #socbizchat hashtag, through our chatroom or through Cover it Live below. As always, the broader CMSWire community is welcome to take part.
While everyone is welcome to join in, the following practitioners will be on hand to keep the conversation flowing:
- Bill Ryan, Principal and Digital Workplace Architect at Sync(d) Technologies — @billryan61
- Christian Buckley, Managing Director for GTconsult — @buckleyplanet
- Erica Toelle, Business Development Manager at Protiviti SharePoint Solutions — @EricaToelle
- Jennifer Mason , SharePoint Server MVP — @jennifermason
- Joel Oleson, Director of Marketing and Product Strategy at Hershey Technologies — @joeloleson
- John Peluso, Vice President of Product Management at AvePoint — @johnconnected
- Kevin Conroy, Founder and President at Blue Rooster — @seattlerooster
- Mark Rackley, Partner / CTO at PAITgroup — @mrackley
- Rich Wood, Director of Modern Applications at Perficient — @richOthewood
- Steve Pogrebivsky, CEO at MetaVis Technologies — @MetaVisTech
- Wendy Neal, Senior SharePoint Consultant at McGladrey — @SharePointWendy
These questions will guide the conversation:
- What does the SharePoint 2016 announcement say about the state of on premises SharePoint? 1.b And how does it fit in Microsoft's mobile-first, cloud-first strategy?
- What strategic gap is Microsoft trying to address in this new SharePoint implemention?
- What does the future of collaboration in Office 365 look like, and what tools will play the biggest roles (and why)?
- How does the continued push to the cloud (or hybrid) effect the third party ecosystem formed around SharePoint?
- How does the closing gap between consumer and business apps (a la One Drive) effect end users? Does it end the illusion of work-life balance?
- What announcements excited you the most at Ignite? What didn't you hear that you were hoping to?
A few things to keep in mind:
- Introduce yourself with your first #socbizchat tweet. Include your name, job title and organization you work for.
- Use the A1 for answers to Q1 format for subsequent tweets and be sure to include the #socbizchat hashtag. For example, "@bigbird A3 Office 365 Groups might be the way forward with collaboration #socbizchat"
- Please don't pitch products or services -- stay knowledge focused.
- Keep the discussion professional, but informal.
- Remember that this is a public chat -- be thoughtful.
We look forward to seeing you there!