If you were still not quite convinced that global content management is a pretty big deal nowadays, take a look at the latest research saying that 35% of companies surveyed have more than 10 websites with almost 50% of those published in over 5 languages.
This research comes from a Web CMS vendor e-Spirit (news, site). With all disclosures in place, let’s take a closer look at the numbers revealed during this exercise.
According to the vendor, global proliferation of a multitude of information channels and the general content boom are causing the worldwide web content crisis.
The survey of more than 100 businesses suggests this information explosion contributed to the following findings:
- 78% of content management systems (CMS) content authors are marketers
- 66% of those surveyed are frustratrated with the amount of time it takes to manage their global websites
- 20% of respondents complain about language barriers and content translation challenges
- 30% of marketers have up to 100 intranet sites and 50 external websites to maintain.
Sounds like an outcry for an efficient global approach to content management, doesn’t it?
Organizations struggle with the amount of content they have to manage 9 to 5, we get that. No pressure, but your website visitors are not likely to commiserate with your organizational woes and technological difficulties.
Your visitors are hungry for information, they’re impatient and demanding, and if they cannot find that (preferably, relevant and accurate) info quickly (and we mean really quickly), there’s a chance they may never come back to your lovely and freshly redesigned website with all those sweetly integrated recommendation and text mining engines.
Web content management technology on its own is of undeniable importance, we know. Nevertheless — dare we say it? — it is less about which CMS you use, but more about your business strategy, implementation and methods of using it. Most importantly, it is about people and processes around it. Hardly any Web CMS can do that job for you.
- Cirrus Insight to Unite Salesforce, Gmail on Mobile Devices
- The Future of Digital Marketing: 8 Trends
- 2014 Predictions: What Side of the Future Are You On?
- Ignoring the Cloud Costs Money, Ignoring Big Data Could Cost You Your Business
- 'Have it Your Way' SharePoint: Two Paths, Many Options
- Oracle WebCenter Sites Review: Strengths, Weaknesses
- Why Apple Needs Topsy in a $200 Million Way