If you were still not quite convinced that global content management is a pretty big deal nowadays, take a look at the latest research saying that 35% of companies surveyed have more than 10 websites with almost 50% of those published in over 5 languages.
This research comes from a Web CMS vendor e-Spirit (news, site). With all disclosures in place, let’s take a closer look at the numbers revealed during this exercise.
According to the vendor, global proliferation of a multitude of information channels and the general content boom are causing the worldwide web content crisis.
The survey of more than 100 businesses suggests this information explosion contributed to the following findings:
- 78% of content management systems (CMS) content authors are marketers
- 66% of those surveyed are frustratrated with the amount of time it takes to manage their global websites
- 20% of respondents complain about language barriers and content translation challenges
- 30% of marketers have up to 100 intranet sites and 50 external websites to maintain.
Sounds like an outcry for an efficient global approach to content management, doesn’t it?
Organizations struggle with the amount of content they have to manage 9 to 5, we get that. No pressure, but your website visitors are not likely to commiserate with your organizational woes and technological difficulties.
Your visitors are hungry for information, they’re impatient and demanding, and if they cannot find that (preferably, relevant and accurate) info quickly (and we mean really quickly), there’s a chance they may never come back to your lovely and freshly redesigned website with all those sweetly integrated recommendation and text mining engines.
Web content management technology on its own is of undeniable importance, we know. Nevertheless — dare we say it? — it is less about which CMS you use, but more about your business strategy, implementation and methods of using it. Most importantly, it is about people and processes around it. Hardly any Web CMS can do that job for you.
- Hey Cloudera & MapR: Open Data Platform is the Real Deal
- Discussion Point: Why Do Intranets Fail?
- A Look at Gartner's Data Management Analytics Leaders
- The Sticking Point with Social Collaboration Tools
- 11 Ways to Ruin Your CMS Project Without Even Trying
- 3 Ways Marketing Automation Boosts Business Efficiency
- Is There a Future in Content Marketing?