Colligo Networks, an offline collaboration solutions for mobile professionals, has announced the release of Version 2.0 of the Colligo for SharePoint product family. The new release supports the 2007 Microsoft Office System and Vista and aims to further the reach of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 to "users who need access both online and offline -- enabling these businesses to effectively increase the adoption and utility of SharePoint with their workforce."
“Response to Colligo for SharePoint has been overwhelmingly positive,” said Barry Jinks, President & CEO of Colligo Networks. “Over 7,000 end users are benefiting from Colligo Reader and thousands more from nearly 200 large and small companies have purchased Colligo Contributor. Version 2.0 incorporates feedback from these users and we believe it delivers a significant productivity advantage for mobile professionals such as sales people, consultants, managers, and project teams in a variety of industries.”
“Colligo is seeing significant traction for its offline capability,” said Tony Rizzo, Sector Head, Mobile Software, with The 451 Group, a technology industry analyst company focused on the business of enterprise IT innovation, in his recent report. “As SharePoint 2007 builds on its customer base, Colligo is going along for the ride – its services are a true addition to the SharePoint platform.”
Features of the new Version 2.0 include:
* Microsoft Outlook Email Support -- Contributor will enable users to quickly and easily store and organize emails and attachments in SharePoint. With a simple drag-and-drop either online or offline, Contributor will automatically capture all email message fields and attachments and then synchronize this content to SharePoint document libraries. This provides an easy to implement solution for corporations looking to migrate from Exchange Public Folders to SharePoint for email collaboration or retention policies.
* SharePoint 2007 Compatibility -- Users will first notice the new fresh new look – the SharePoint 2007-like interface of Contributor creates a seamless offline experience. More importantly, Colligo Contributor Version 2.0 features full compatibility with WSS 2.0 and MOSS 2007, while remaining backwards compatible with WSS 3.0 and SPS 2003. It will support new features of SharePoint including content types and multi-value lookups.
* Office 2007 and Vista Compatibility -- Version 2.0 supports the 2007 Microsoft Office system allowing users to leverage the new features in the desktop applications such as InfoPath, Word, and PowerPoint. Version 2.0 also works with the just-released Windows Vista.
* Enhanced Sync Experience -- Users can more easily select specific documents, libraries, or entire SharePoint sites for synchronization. In addition to initiating synchronization within Contributor, Version 2.0 allows users to quickly use the “Connect to Contributor” toolbar button in Internet Explorer or simply drag-and-drop documents or site URLs from the browser. Configurable background synchronization keeps Contributor content up-to-date while online.
* Enhanced Configuration and Deployment Capabilities -- Deployment options in Version 2.0 allow SharePoint Administrators to easily pre-configure site selection for synching, set automatic background sync intervals, configure storage locations, activate data encryption, and more. SharePoint Administrators can quickly support diverse SharePoint users in various locations, working online and offline.
Colligo was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. More info the latest release is available here. To read up on the features of MOSS 2007, see our article entitled SharePoint 2007 Review - Six Pillars of MOSS.
CMSWire is a popular web magazine published by Simpler Media Group. We provide news, advice and analysis for professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 500+ authoritative articles per quarter for a community of over 750,000 market influencers.