Touch Marketing offered analysts a bit of a break with the release of a recent Twitter infographic. The colorful graph presents over 35 different statistics, including the number of registered users, what time of day is best for being retweeted, and how many new tweets are posted per week. Behold:
- Twitter has over 200,000,000 registered users
- Nearly 88% of people have awareness of Twitter
- 75% of users are more likely to purchase from a brand they follow
- The majority of Twitter users are aged 30-49
- 5pm is the best time of day to be active on Twitter if you want to be retweeted
Some of the statistics are considerably less helpful. For instance, "I think the figure 'one billion tweets per week' and '450,000 accounts created per day' are not very revealing," wrote one commentor. "How many of those are automated tweets and how many of those accounts are bots? The more important metrics are the ones talking about the degree of engagement from real people that can be monetized…"
Are there any more useful stats you'd like to see factored into one of these puppies? Put them into the virtual ether (the comment section below) and perhaps your wishes will be granted in the next round.
- Gartner MQ for ECM: Why the Leaders Stand Out
- The Metamorphosis of the Social Enterprise
- SWAM: When LinkedIn Locks Down Social Networking
- Why Agile As We Know It Will Disappear
- Just How Badly Does Microsoft Want Your OneDrive Biz?
- ROI Is the Wrong Tool to Justify Social Investments
- Oops! Is Rackspace Rethinking its 99.99% Uptime Boast?