The latest upgrade to Atalasoft’s (news, site) Vizit SP adds badly needed search abilities to the integrated document viewer that will enable users search, find and preview SharePoint documents from the Vizit SP 2.0 user interface.
Earlier this year, when Atalasoft got together with PSIGEN they came up with a solution that would provide powerful image management for SharePoint. However, an equally powerful search function to find documents in the first place was still lacking.
Vizit SP And SharePoint
The release of Vizit SP 2.0 addresses that problem with a whole range of search possibilities as well as some other features.
But it’s the search features that we’re really interested in here. Before the addition of the new search features Vizit SP enabled users can carry out a whole list of routine document management tasks using a native SharePoint application.
- Easy installation on SharePoint within minutes
- Fast thumbnail preview of documents
- View document in a browser-based viewer with no client software
- Support for most image formats including TIFF, PDF, MS Word, PDF, JPEG, PNG and CAD
- Collaborate, Markup and Clean documents without having to download them
- Integrates with the free Vizit Scan-to-SharePoint utility for Kodak scanners to index and edit documents directly in SharePoint
Vizit SP’s Visual Search
Add to that Vizit SP 2.0’s new Visual Search and you’ve got quite an application. There are a number of new search enhancements including column-based search, as well as other features like the new web-based scanning and more.
Specifically, the new features include:
- Full SharePoint text search from Vizit SP interface
- Immediate visual previews of search results
- Results classification tables based on users defined criteria like document name, or author
- Column-based search provides property fields results
- Searchable fields down to the content type level
- Web Based scanning feature added to document library.
Atalasoft is hailing Vizit SP 2.0 as a major milestone for the company and while they don't say why, it’s probably because the lack of search functions was one of the application’s biggest drawbacks.
Available for download now and for a free 30-day trial and starts at US$ 4,625 for a 25-user license.