Nuxeo Connect, the commercial support portal for open source enterprise content management (ECM) platform Nuxeo is looking pretty, errr.. well, pretty. Nuxeo has released its second interface design this year for the support portal, and it’s looking pretty good.
Most technology projects get code names; developers are quirky in that way. In what appears to be a nod to everyone’s favorite caped crusader from Gotham, Nuxeo is referring to their latest support portal redesign as the “Holy Dashboard.” I’m not sure the design will rescue you from an emergency, but it is an improvement over the previous incarnation.
Nuxeo Connect is a subscription-based offering from Nuxeo that provides maintenance, support and hosted “customization as a service," which is how the company refers to its web-based development tool, giving open-source enterprise CMS adopters the same reassurances as commercial, vendor backed platforms.
The new interface includes several enhancements that make it more efficient for users. The dashboard has a rich Web 2.0 style look and consolidates the most important information in one view for ease of access. When users gain access to the dashboard, the dashboard displays:
- My applications: A list of installed applications; the list is also linked to Nuxeo Studio, the web-based development tool for the ECM platform, which makes it easy to transition from the support portal to development
- My tasks: A list of outstanding activities such as an open support question
- Latest addons on Nuxeo Marketplace: A list of the newest packages for Nuxeo’s enterprise CMS
- Latest maintenance fix: A list of maintenance releases and patches
- Latest support cases: An easy way to find support tickets
In addition, Nuxeo has also added the ability for customers to create support tickets in Nuxeo Connect and includes an area for Nuxeo to provide information to users.
Nuxeo may be trying to excite users in preparation for its upcoming Nuxeo World 2011 conference that will occur in Paris October 20-21.
The newer, prettier and more efficient Nuxeo Connect dashboard is available now to Nuxeo Connect subscribers. The company is seeking feedback on how users like the changes.