Symantec recently released a new product to their line-up, Symantec Information Foundation 2007. The suite targets the lucrative enterprise records retention and governance space and is designed to protect against risks to messaging and collaboration systems and aims to help reduce the cost of data retention and electronic discovery (eDiscovery). By integrating a number of existing Symantec products the company also claims it will guard against data leakage and spam.
* Integrates market-leading gateway and groupware security controls with today's top archiving and traffic-shaping technologies.
* Consistent controls and automatic risk classifications to help ensure that information is free of unwanted content and is subject to the appropriate review and retention policies.
* Centralized, multi-source archiving with integrated e-discovery and audit capabilities, creating a single repository for today's constantly growing information volumes.
* Common incident management, remediation and audit capabilities that help ensure risk management compliance.
* Protects against the loss of sensitive proprietary or regulated content by real-time filtering of messages.
* Enforces retention and archiving policies for email instant messaging, portal content, files and documents.
* Improves server performance and archiving efficiency and helps cut storage costs by reducing the amount of information held in mail and file systems.
* Simplifies information risk management and reduces operating costs with a single, integrated solution.
The product is currently a conglomeration of Symantec offerings, including:
* Symantec Enterprise Vault
* Symantec Mail Security 8300 Series Appliance Software
* Symantec IM Manager
* Symantec Web Security for Microsoft Internet Security
and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004
* Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange
* Symantec Mail Security for Domino
Pricing is currently slated to be US$ 95 per user per year, and additional, but limited information can be found here.
CMSWire is a popular web magazine published by Simpler Media Group. We provide news, advice and analysis for professionals driving digital customer experience strategy, evolving the digital workplace and creating intelligent information management practices. The CMSWire team produces 500+ authoritative articles per quarter for a community of over 750,000 market influencers.