With Yammer SAP Connector installed, SAP customers can see updates from business suite applications as activity stories in Yammer's Ticker.
The Yammer SAP Connector plug-in, built in partnership with certified SAP developer Freeborders, helps users stay on top of data object activity with Yammer Ticker updates. The activity story that appears in the Ticker describes the event and links back to the original SAP record.
In the company's announcement, Yammer gives the example of a sales rep who sees a SAP-generated activity story in the Yammer Ticker indicating a failed billing transaction. When the sales rep clicks on the story in Yammer, the ERP record will open in a new tab.
Paul Machle, CFO of Freeborders, explains:
By integrating the Freeborders' SAP ERP Central Component in Yammer's social media platform, SAP customers can act immediately on business suite applications updates. They can alert and loop in team members to safeguard business operations, enhance customer service and identify new business opportunities."
The integration will be available by the end of March 2012.
Yammer Partner List Grows
Yammer Ticker story streaming got even sweeter with additional partnerships announced with PlanView, Kindling, Sparqlight and GageIn. Yammer already integrates with Badgeville, Box, Expensify, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, NetSuite, Salesforce.com, Spigit, TripIt and Zendesk.
In today's announcement, Yammer describes the integrations with its new partners:
- GageIn -- The business content aggregation platform posts articles to Yammer and publishes stories into the Ticker.
- Kindling -- New ideas, votes, comments and updates are published in the Ticker.
- Moreover Technologies -- Using Yammer Embed, the company adds a conversation layer to its media intelligence service.
- Planview -- With Yammer Connect and Yammer Embed, Planview publishes PPM stories in the Ticker as they happen.
- Sparqlight -- Using Yammer Connect, Sparqlight authenticates users and publishes workflow task stories in the Ticker.
In addition to collecting new partners, Yammer has been raising funds in what is turning into a very busy year for the social network.