It’s that time of year again; Time to vote for your favorite open source project in the Packt Publishing Open Source Awards. If you have a favorite project and want to ensure it gets bragging rights and some hard cold cash, get your vote in before voting ends.
The 2011 Finalists
Nominations ended about two weeks ago. The results have been tallied, and Packt Publishing has announced finalists for the 2011 Open Source Awards. The public is now able to vote for their favorite project in the six contest categories. The winning project in each category will receive US$ 2,500..Packt Publishing will award US$ 1,000 to first runners up and US$ 500 to the second runner-up -- a total of over $US 24,000.00 in prizes.
Since the inception of the Open Source Awards in 2006, Packt has awarded over US$ 100,000 to the open source community. The finalists by category are:
- Open Source CMS -- is open to every open source content management system project
- Open Source Mobile Toolkits and Libraries -- includes open source projects that aid in the developments of applications targeted for mobile devices
- jQuery Mobile
- Sencha Touch
- Most Promising Open Source Project -- open to open-source projects that had their first non-beta within 24 months of the awards
- Nette Framework
- Seo Panel
- Open Source Business Applications -- includes open source line of business applications such as customer relationship management or enterprise resource planning
- Dojo Toolkit
- Sencha (ExtJS)
- YUI Library
- Open Source Multimedia Software -- open to open-source projects used for multimedia management
You can vote between now and October 31. One lucky voter will be chosen randomly to receive an Amazon Kindle. Votes from the public will be combined with ratings from a panel of independent judges.
What’s Next for the Open Source Awards
Public voting ends on October 31 and winners will be announced the week of November 7. We don’t know who will win, but we know that you voting might give your project the edge it needs to be victorious.