Simian Systems today announced the release of Sitellite 4.2, the latest version of their content management solution. Sitellite 4.2 is a leap forward in terms of ease-of-use and flexibility in a small-to-mid-range content management system, offering features usually found only in the very high-end systems.Central to the development of Sitellite 4.2 was the need to make existing Sitellite features, such as versioning, workflow, and access control, easier to implement and to manage, so that websites could more easily take advantage of these critical features.
"We found that many of the high-end features Sitellite offered were completely missing from other systems at the same level, which meant we had to ensure users at this level would be comfortable working with these more powerful features. That meant rethinking how these features should be connected with the end-user," said John Luxford, Simian president and chief developer.
Highlights of Sitellite 4.2
- Xed 2 Word Processor - Xed 2 is a WYSIWYG editor that embeds directly into Sitellite in your web browser, allowing non-technical content creators to build complex web pages with zero technical knowledge. Xed 2 includes built-in spell checking, link and image wizards, and a "box chooser" for embedding dynamic content such as your latest headlines or events listings directly into any web page.
- Advanced performance cache manager for easier management of Sitellite's web page caching behavior.
- Activity log for administrators to see exactly who did what and when.
- Revamped workflow internals and workflow management interface, allowing for more advanced workflow scenarios to be achieved in Sitellite.
- Refined user privileges for even greater access control restrictions.
- Improved website member services, providing out-of-the-box member portal/extranet capabilities.
- New template manager provides easier website design control as well as built-in tools for standards compliance testing, including Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and Section 508 testing.
- New bundled modules: image galleries, quotes/testimonials, streaming audio and podcasting, a wiki, and a Powerpoint-for-the-web tool called SitePresenter.
- Large improvements to the SiteTracker module which provides advanced visitor traffic analysis capabilities.
- Large improvements to the SiteSearch module which provides a built-in search engine with all the bells and whistles.
- Hundreds of minor feature improvements.
The Sitellite 4.2 Content Management System is available immediately from the Simian Systems website
in both Professional and Enterprise editions.