IBM (news, site) is doing more lately than just acquiring companies, with their new IBM Customer Engagement Suite, they are offering you a new way to engage with your customers over the web and through the mobile.
Optimizing the Web Experience
The IBM Customer Experience Suite v7.0 is a portfolio of solutions designed to help organizations engage with their customers online, and via mobile more personally and effectively. Leveraging the latest version of IBM WebSpherePortal — v7.0 — the suite incorporates all the capabilities necessary today to interact with customers including web content management, social networking, search, commerce, analytics, personalization, rich media and more. Sounds like a lot doesn't it?
Collaboration and social software have the power to transform an organization's Web presence reinventing how they relate to their customers on the Web," said Alistair Rennie, general manager, IBM Collaboration Software. “We are aligning the breadth of IBM capabilities to help our customers embrace the Web as their primary channel for customer engagement.”
Part of Project NorthStar
The new Customer Experience Suite is part of Project NorthStar, which is IBM's work on web engagement management (or web experience management). It is essentially putting the right tools and expertise in place to manage, monitor and engage with your customers online and across devices/channels.
Part of the projects technology toolset is IBM WebSphere Portal Server and Lotus Web Content Management, both of which have been updated to version 7.0.
What's In the Suite?
The suite of software is a combination of existing solutions that include web content management, portal, commerce, business intelligence, predictive analytics and web analytics tailored to provide a rich, personalized and social experience to customers. Here's the overall list of capabiities that can be included:
- Web content management
- Rich social and real-time communication
- Analytics integration support
- Rich media management
- Mobile device support
- Comprehensive integration capability
Some of the technologies that help make the Customer Experience Suite include
- WebSphere Portal Server 7.0
- WebSphere Portlet Factory v7.0
- Mobile Portal Accelerator Software
- IBM Dashboard Accelerator
- Lotus Web Content Management v7
IBM consulting services IBMi (IBM Interactive) will play a key role here helping clients identify the strategies needed to development, implement and manage these web experiences.
The IBM Customer Experience Suite is aimed at large enterprise customers and carries a price tag that starts at US$ 193,000 for the initial license (including first year maintenance and support).
- IBM: Our Verse Email Beats Anything from Microsoft, Google
- Box Cops to Bad IPO Timing, It's Time to Unbox
- Extracting Insight from Unstructured Data
- Trends in Web Content Management From #jboye14
- 7 Reasons Why Facebook at Work Will Fail
- Are You Too Old to Work in Tech? IT's Midlife Crisis
- Who Are the 100 Fastest Growing Software Companies?