Sitecore's Senior VP of Product Marketing, Darren Guarnaccia provided an updated Roadmap for Sitecore's stable of product offerings during the Sitecore Symposium 2012 North America in Las Vegas. There's quite a few interesting improvements and additions that will be of interest to both business and technical users.
Here's the highlights of the Roadmap Darren discussed.
Near Term Additions for Q4 2012
- Version 6.6 of Sitecore CMS will be released
- Good news for Mobile developers as this will include Sitecore's Mobile SDK and a very sophisticated system for simulation of content on many mobile device classes
- Updates to Sitecore's DMS system, adding Engagement Intelligence features that will be of great use to business and marketing users
- A refresh to the Foundry product based on Sitecore CMS v6.6 and an update to their Social Connected tool
First Quarter 2013
- A big, much-anticipated update to Sitecore CMS with the release of Sitecore 7, which includes large scale item storage support
- For business users there's some new and very powerful additions to DMS with the Visual Path Analysis tool which allows marketing folks to dig deeply into how users are reaching (or not) various content
- Email Campaign Manager 2.0 will also be released
Second Quarter 2013
A lot of technical and infrastructure goodies come in Q2 2013, including:
- A refresh to the new SPEAK UI platform
- Updates to DMS to support the CRM Service Layer
- A refresh of the Sitecore Intranet Portal product based on Sitecore CMS v6.6
- Sitecore's DMS will integrate with Sitecore eCommerce, and DMS will become available on Microsoft's Azure Cloud Platform
- The Sitecore Adaptive Print Studio will gain ability to interact directly with files produced by Adobe InDesign
Second Half of 2013
- Some significant updates to the core CMS functionality with updates to Sitecore CMS workflow, new features for content reuse, and finally the beginnings of some usability improvements to the administrative interface which will accelerate in the future
- Launch of Big Data for Sitecore's DMS. With all the tracking and analytic requirements of Sitecore's Customer Engagement features, the ability to manage the data requirements of the system has been a concern from Day 1. With this update the DMS system should be able to handle many terabytes of analytic data with the option of storing that data in a variety of locations both locally and in the cloud
… and Beyond
- Significant enhancements to the existing Sitecore Personalization features, including the ability to personalize down to the field level within the CMS
About the Author
Ryan Bennett is a certified Sitecore developer and Principal Solutions Architect at San Francisco-based consulting firm Cylogy, Inc.
- Blame the C-Suite for Your Failed SharePoint Project
- Microsoft Leaks Offer a Glimpse of SharePoint 2016
- The Future of SEO is Not SEO
- Why You Should Be Worried (and Angry) About Lenovo
- Everything You Really Need to Know About Docker
- 1.75B Reasons You Should Redesign Your Website
- Discussion Point: Who Has the Best Digital Marketing Hub?