Every organization should have a strategy for monitoring social media...and a good tool to do it.
Social Media Monitoring in the Enterprise
There is no shortage of tools for monitoring social media. But when you are a large enterprise, the selection process becomes more stringent and the tools become less and less. The big names in enterprise level social media monitoring (at least that I have seen) are Radian6, SDL's SM2, Brandwatch and, to some degree, Sproutsocial. There are more, I don't pretend to know them all, and this latest one is new to me.
Paris, France-based Digimind has been creating software solutions for last 15 years. In 2003 it launched its first integrated intelligence software solution, Digimind Evolution. In 2005 it launched a reputation monitoring tool, and a couple of years later opened its Boston headquarters.
Today we see the launch of Digimind Social, a social media monitoring solution that will help you not only monitor your social presence and that of your competitors, but it will also keep you up to speed on your SEO viability in the eyes of Google.
When you look at Digimind Social you see the similarities with other similar tools. You can analyze topics and track competitors within those topics. You can monitor and analyze sub-topics within the larger topic. Drill down into details on what's happening, when it's happening, where, who's talking about you (your key influencers) and how (what's the sentiment).
A few features to draw your attention to include:
- Mentions are shown only once (but with a pointer to how many were done). Mentions are ranked by relevance based on sources with the biggest reach/impact on a target audience.
- You can monitor the 5W's (mentioned above) for your competitors, and benchmark against your own data.
- Add your own features/criteria to analyze, and still drill down into the details.
- Assign tasks or notes to people to take action on events. So you can directly engage with something like a Tweet or you can assign the task to someone else with a priority level. This will pop off an email to that person.
- Add your own personalized sources.
- Topics tracked will have sub-topic classification created automatically, so you don't have to do that.
- You can autogenerate reports in both powerpoint and PDF format. And, of course, you have the dashboards that allow you to monitor at a glance what's happening.
Monitor Your Reputation
This one is a little different, but certainly valuable in understanding the bigger picture of an enterprise's reputation. View the topic searches and top search results, and see where your organization fits into the bigger picture. It also helps identify keywords. This feature works with Google right now, as it is the search engine that affects positioning.
With Top Results, the top 1,000 results are analyzed and you can see what links people see when they search for your brand.
Monitor Real-time and Historical Data
By default, Digimind offers a 30 day history of data so you can monitor what's happening in real-time and older. If you are interested in evaluating historical data from fire-hoses like that of Twitter, there is an additional cost. That being said, Digimind stores all your data from the time you start using it, so it is there to analyze if you need it.
Want to know what it costs? Digimind will run you US$ 499/month for one topic with unlimited users, but you can only monitor up to 5 brands. If your needs are higher than that, additional pricing is available.