The company's technology, based on a container-based architecture, helps professional developers and designers build and maintain websites and applications. It offers an array of tools like version control, dev/test environments, team management, backups and workflow. (Click image to enlarge.)
Pantheon CEO and co-founder Zack Rosen said the three-year old company initially focused on Drupal because its development team included a number of former Drupal consultants.
But he noted that WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system (CMS), powering over 76 million websites (19% of the web).
"Owing to its simplicity, WordPress has become the de facto Internet publishing tool for businesses with straightforward content management and design requirements," he wrote in a blog post. "We have a huge amount of respect for what the WordPress community has accomplished. We share the same mission: to build a simpler, easier, more powerful and more democratized World Wide Web."
So what else is new, directly or indirectly, in the world of free and open source CMS this month? Read on — and if you have FOSS CMS news to share, drop us a line so we can include you in our next monthly column.
This is no April Fool's prank: Jahia is releasing its new version, Jahia 7 today. Known as its Digital Industrialization vision, it's designed to streamline Enterprise digital projects across channels to control time-to-market and total cost of ownership, project after project.
"Jahia's Digital Industrialization brings an uninterrupted, optimized and continuous production flow of digital presence, from the business need to its final digital rendering," the company stated. "Techies and marketers can work together in quick and effective iterations to prototype, develop and validate using the brand new Jahia Studio version. Then they distribute, through Jahia's Private App Store, new software components that don't put corporate assets and mission critical application at risk."
To help the community learn more about this new version, it will hold a series of webinars:
- April 22: Developers: Getting started on Jahia 7
- April 24: Jahia7: a Functional Overview
- April 29: Developers: Dive deeper into the new Jahia 7 Studio features
Joomla plans to release Joomla 3.3 this month. The new version will include background updates such as cloud storage APIs, microdata and more. In case you're wondering, Joomla has been downloaded more than 52,109,516 times as of March 24.
Last month, Joomla announced the Joomla Event Travel Programme (JET) to support volunteers and members who are working to make Joomla better and would like to attend larger Joomla events. The recipients of the first JET Programme will receive assistance with travel and lodging and have the cost of admission covered for the J and Beyond Conference which runs from May 30 to June 1 in Königstein, Germany.
This month, there are a number of meetings to add to your calendar:
- Joomla User Group Soro will meet on April 2 in Soro, Denmark
- JoomlaDay La Rioja 2014 will be held on April 3 in Logroño, Spain
- JoomlaDay Norway 2014 will be held on April 4 and 5 in Olso, Norway.
- JoomlaDay Atlanta 2014 will be held on April 5 at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta, Ga.
- JoomlaDay Rwanda 2014 will be held on April 11 and 12 at the Kigali Institute of Science and Technology in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Joomla User Group Dallas/Fort Worth will host a Meetup on April 14 at Improving Enterprises in Addison, Texas.
- Joomla User Group Milwaukee will host a Meetup on April 17 in Brookfield, Wis.
- Joomla User Group Houston will host a Meetup on April 24 at Denny's in Spring, Texas
Elastic Path, Hippo and HintTech are partnering on "customized experience-driven e-commerce." The partnership will focus on delivering solutions via Elastic Path’s API based e-commerce platforms and Hippo’s CMS to help organizations merge content and e-commerce.
- Sitecore Takes on the Competition with Version 8 #SYMNA
- A Look at the Top of Gartner's Mobile App Development World
- Discussion Point: Why are We Still Stuck on Email?
- 6 Things to Consider Before Buying Enterprise Social Software
- Gartner Names Wise Choices for Workplace Social Software
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- Change Your Gmail Password - Now