Everyone wants personalized marketing capabilities in their platform, even SAP. So it went out and grabbed some.
SAP announced today the acquisition of SeeWhy, the cloud-based behavioral target marketing solutions provider. SAP is adding to its customer experience arsenal that it built with the addition of e-commerce platform vendor hybris last summer.
What does SeeWhy bring?
SAP in a statement today said it was attracted to the prospect of offering 1-to-1 personalized marketing based on real-time customer behavior that converts customer interactions into sales.
Boston-based SeeWhy brings those capabilities across email, advertising across desktop, mobile and social channels, based on individual customer behaviors. According to SAP, SeeWhy's helped more than 4,000 brands recover $500 million annually in lost sales.
SeeWhy's platform is called CORE, which SAP said uses real-time in-memory processing to trigger actions across more than 30 top ad, e-commerce, email service providers, web analytics services and social networks via pre-packaged integrations.
SAP expects to complete the transaction in the second quarter of 2014.
- Hey Cloudera & MapR: Open Data Platform is the Real Deal
- Discussion Point: Why Do Intranets Fail?
- A Look at Gartner's Data Management Analytics Leaders
- The Sticking Point with Social Collaboration Tools
- 11 Ways to Ruin Your CMS Project Without Even Trying
- 3 Ways Marketing Automation Boosts Business Efficiency
- Is There a Future in Content Marketing?