Alfresco Community 3.3 Features
For those interested in kicking the tires on new and shiny features, version 3.3 offers a variety of new tools to choose from:
- Integration with IBM Lotus Social
- A preview of an upcoming Google Docs integration
- Support for the CMIS 1.0 standard, which should be ratified within the next month
- Inline content editing through an extensible Web Editor Framework
- Content repurposing through automated rules and existing FreeMarker and XSLT templates to format content for multiple delivery channels
- Repository replication and web deployment with the introduction of the Transfer Service, which lets developers build solutions that transfer content between Alfresco repositories
Alfresco is the first enterprise content management vendor to fully support CMIS. This feature is particularly exciting as it makes it far easier to use repositories to serve content into web applications.
New Alfresco Share Features
Along with the new features for Alfresco Community, there are also some new features for Alfresco Share:
- Repository-wide content access and management directly through Alfresco Share, from the document management repository to project and collaboration sites
- A new rules and actions interface to allow for automation like content transformation, moving, copying, notifying and more
- The ability to define a library of rules and link them to any space in the repository
- A mechanism for tracking lists of items, to dos and more within a project context
- Google-like advanced search that lets you query both fields and text
Along with the new features, the Alfresco repository's license has been changed to the LGPL. This change makes it easier for external developers to embed Alfresco into their solutions without licensing complications.
You can read more on Alfresco Community 3.3 and find the download links here.
- Has Google Delivered a Killer Blow to Microsoft Office Apps?
- Should You Use LinkedIn to Build a Network or an Audience?
- 5 Marketing Lessons From HubSpot
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- A Graceful Exit for Box?
- Dave Gray on Work Like a Network and the Role of Hierarchies
- Does Jive Do Social Better by Putting the End User First?