Today, Harmon.ie announced its list of the Top 25 online SharePoint Influencers. This second annual list brings together bloggers, writers and other industry professionals who have made a substantial impact on the SharePoint industry.
Harmon.ie, a company that creates software solutions to improve the social experience for users, commissioned to see who within the SharePoint community was not only the most innovative, but who also were the most informed and influential in terms of building a strong collaborative and social enterprise. They looked at over 700 potential candidates and eventually whittled the list down to 25 people.
The Top 10 SharePoint Influencers, according to the list from Harmon.ie
How Does the List Work?
When Harmon.ie was trying to determine who would make their list, there were certain factors that played a key role in who was chosen. These factors which were weighed and then determined the rank of the candidate include:
- How frequently their tweets were re-tweeted
- How much visitors they had to their their blog and how far it reached within the SharePoint Industry.
- How many citations they were given by other bloggers and colleagues.
Two things are coming into play here — SharePoint has become a more strategic platform for businesses, while users are looking for better social solutions, adoption strategies and innovative approaches to business problems,” said Mark Fidelman, CEO of Evolve!, a social business consultancy, and leading social strategist of the Top 25 Influencer Award. “These 25 individuals are passionate advocates, who are re-defining the value of social community and collaboration.”
Who Topped the List?
The individual scores of the top 25 range from 5455 to 3025. While the list is available on the Harmon.ie website, the following are those who ranked in the top five.
- Joel Oleson: Joel, who has 5455 points in the ranking system, is a SharePoint content and collaboration solutions manger for LDS Church, a former Microsoft senior technical product manager and was part of a team who designed Microsoft’s global search, intranet and teams sites. In 2011, he was in second place on Top 25 SharePoint Influencers List.
- Mark Miller: Mark, with a score of 5450, is the founder and editor of EndUserSharePoint.com. He also helps organizations with their social media development and building their online community.
- Andrew Connell: With a score of 4975, Andrew is ranked third. He is a SharePoint developer and instructor who has a also co-founded Critical Path Training, which educates and trains individuals in SharePoint. He is also a Microsoft MVP for Office SharePoint Server.
- Laura Rogers: Laura has a score of 4520. With eight years experience in the industry, she is now a senior SharePoint specialist at Rackspace Hosting and is a Microsoft MVP. She’s also written a variety of books in the subject including: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Step by Step and Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint.
- John Mancini: With a score of 4490, John is ranked in fifth place. He is the president of the Association for Information and Image management (AIIM), which is a document and content management non-profit association.
A Big Year for SharePoint
With its 2013 version scheduled to be released this month and a conference next week, the list comes at an important time for those in the SharePoint industry. More and more products are being announced for the platform or are being updated so they are compatible with this new release.
Recently, BA Insight announced use its Longitude Connectors to connect the newest version of SharePoint to about 30 different business related enterprise systems. And when Metalogix renamed its Migration Manager tool to Content Matrix they also announced that it could be used to move content from an older version of SharePoint to the 2013 version. But that's only a taste of what's to come.
- Is Box Writing Enterprise Content Management's Obituary?
- Customer Journeys Trump the Traditional Sales Cycle
- The Future of SharePoint is the Cloud #gartnerpcc
- Are You a Top 20 Document Management Vendor? [Infographic]
- 12 Steps To A Successful ECM Deployment #gartnerpcc
- Microsoft Leaves Ballmer Bleeding as It Moves On
- Yammer: SharePoint's Social Collaboration Savior? #SPTechCon