The twists, turns and tips you need for staying up-to-date by the water cooler.
Highlights of the Week
Nuxeo: Enterprise CMS Updates, New Products and A New Blog. We had an opportunity to see just what Nuxeo has been up to lately – new Digital Asset Management Product to name one thing – and where they are headed next year – dare we say the cloud?
How Web is Different from Print. Of all the things that make the Web different from print, linking is the most important.
Novell Continues Collaboration, Messaging Battle. Groupwise 8 is now available via Novell. The release aims to boosts personal productivity with a customizable dashboard that allows users to interact with traditional and Web 2.0. tools, from e-mail to blogs.
TypePad Adds New Community Features to Blog. With the move to a new infrastructure finally nearing completion, TypePad is starting release more new features designed to take your blog's community to the greater social web.
Are You Delivering Accessible Web Content? After months of collecting thousands of individual comments from hundreds of sources around the world during the development of WCAG 2.0., the final guidelines have been published.
Most Popular Articles
And these are the articles you couldn't get enough of during the past week -- if page views are anything to go by, anyways. So, what was your fancy? Microsoft, Web publishing, SaaS CMS trends and more.
- Microsoft's New Open Source Web CMS. Having SharePoint isn't enough. The company has just announced an open source web content managment platform (or blogging engine depending on how you slice these things) called Oxite.
- 2009 Trends in SaaS Web Content Management. Our friends at CMS Watch recently announced their take on trends in SaaS Web Content Management for 2009.
- Inmagic Says Knowledge Management Can be Social. Inmagic, a provider of knowledge management solutions, recently released a new socialized version of their knowledge repository.
- Open Text Embraces Recommind, Expands eDiscovery Tool. Open Text has partnered with Recommind, a provider of enterprise search and eDiscovery solutions, to offer a new product called Open Text eDiscovery Early Case Assessment.
- Magnolia Releases CMS for Broadcast Media With the new tool, users can capture broadcast content and rapidly re-purpose it for publication on the Web through a seamless environment for transferring content between professional broadcast systems and what Magnolia calls "a feature-rich interactive Web-presence".
- CMIS Update - First Integration Modules Appearing. Alfresco may not have been in the original group of three Enterprise CMS vendors who developed the CMIS Specification, but they certainly are the most active when it comes to putting it to use.
The Economy is in the Dumps but Content Management is Booming
If you're looking to advance your career, or if your org has got empty seats in need of savvy CMSers, you're in luck. Catch the best fish of the season on our content management job board.