Unfortunately, records management tends more often to betwo things: not clearly understood and not properly implemented. Faced with increased regulations and the fear of legal action, organizations are working towards doing it better.
The Alfresco team has their eye on this ball. Their Records Management Module was introduced with Alfresco Community 3.2 and is built on the Alfresco Share/Surf platform. It sports the following components:
- a Forms system
- metadata management
- lifecycle management
- open import/export capabilities
- enhanced auditing
- improved workflow controls
Kicking off their awareness campaign, Alfresco is endeavoring to educate potential customers. They are holding a best practices webinar on October 29th at 11 am Eastern time. The event is entitled How to drive an effective Governance, Retention and Compliance strategy with Open Source.
The live webinar will:
- Review the business requirements of Records Management, as part of a Governance, Retention and Compliance (GRC) strategy
- Explore the focus of the different international and regional standards (including ISO 15489:2001, DoD 5015.2 and Moreq2)
- Discuss the specific steps a company looking to drive a records management strategy should take
Alfresco's Records Management Module is the first open source software to achieve U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) 5015.02 standard certification. The DoD 5015.02 certification means that Alfresco's solution has passed mandatory operational, legislative and regulatory requirements for records management in government.
Want to know how effective your current records management strategy is? This webinar will help you out. you can register here.