What’s New in the Vasont CMS
Vasont provide a single-source publishing platform thatallowsorganizations to create and store content once, but reuse it many times in multiple formats or translations. For example, a company may need topublishinstruction manuals for multiple products. Each manual mightinclude the sameset of steps for initiating a repair with the company.Instead of replicatingthe content in each manual, the steps can bestored once and integrated into themanual at the point of publishing.
Vasont has announcedthe release of the latest version of thesoftware, ST 2.1. The most recent release,which is available in bothon-premises perpetual license and cloud-based software-as-a-serviceversions, includes several enhancements to the platform’seditorial andproject management capabilities.
The following are key enhancements to the new version of the software:
- CustomStyle for Version Comparison: Allowsusers to define custom display preferences such as colors for version comparison
- Preview:Allows users to preview content inmultiple output formats before publishing; in addition, that platformnow allows users to navigate from the preview to theuser interface forediting and approval
- ProjectManagement and Workflow: Allows users tocapture project and taskinformation, which can be used to sort andfilter projects for better trackingand reporting
- Expanded ManagerialPrivileges: Provides managers more flexibility to control and modify theirbusiness processes to support their needs
- Annotations: Users can now collaboratewith other users in the Annotations window; additionally, the newWorkflow and Annotations Report provides users andmanagers with morecomplete information about the status of the selectedcontent
- ContentConfiguration: Allows administrators tocreate and update alias attributesmore quickly, making systemconfigurations easier and more efficient
Vasont has significant experience in single-source content management. The continued improvements in its platform will help thecompanyremain competitive in the expanding market.