Bitrix Site Manager v.11.0 is out with new tools that transform it well beyond CMS website creation, into a full fledged Cloud-based web services development platform, with support for the top web storage destinations including Google Storage, Amazon S3, Windows Azure Storage and OpenStack.
Bitrix Cloud Storage
Beyond the cloud storage module support mentioned, Bitrix said they will support Content Delivery Networks (CDN) that accelerates uploading of large files, and a new Geo-distributed web cluster module for smarter web traffic distribution.
In essence, the module “…provides insurance against a service outage in a single data center. If one data center goes down, a replicated server in a different location will ensure website availability,” the company said.
On the quality side, Bitrix said its v.11.0 has a Project Quality Control tool that tests design integration quality, the program's external environment, security, performance and hosting settings within the system. The new version also supports secure authentication without SSL.
Other enhancements to Site Manager Include:
- Social Search -- Search results based on content and user reputation evaluation
- Admin Dashboard -- Dashboard in the back-end with drag-and-drop gadgets and quick search
- Photo Gallery -- Two additional skins, a new thumbnail slider and the Live Feed support
- Schema.org support -- Microformats in the e-Store for better search engine indexing
- Short links, Auto-saving for web forms, Automatic Time Zone
Back in March, Bitrix upgraded its ASP.net platform, but most focus of the company of late is on the PHP side of the house.
Looking to upgrade to version 11.0?
The company said current Site Manager owners with active subscription for technical support can upgrade to Version 11.0 at no charge using the SiteUpdate feature in the product. The new version is available for download as a free 30-day trial version, or Site Manager v.11.0 can be tested online using the instant 3-hour demo.