This year's participating speakers will focus on online and social media measurement and analytics -- on business intelligence for enterprise, Web, and social opinion sources -- whether representing an enterprise-software leader or start-up, research firm, an online information provider, an agency, or a consultancy.
- State of Sentiment, a keynote presented by Professor Philip Resnik of the University of Maryland
- Lipika Dey of Tata Consultancy Services speaking on Fusing Sentiment and Business Intelligence to Obtain Customer/Retail Insight
- TripAdvisor’s John Kelley, in a talk titled What Travelers Say: Using Sentiment to Improve User Engagement
- The Importance of Context in Rich Multilingual Sentiment Analysis, with Acrolinx CEO Andrew Bredenkamp
- Industry thought-leader Meta S. Brown will present Pathway to Cold, Hard, Measurable Sentiment Analysis ROI
Meanwhile, four technology and service providers will present a session called Behind the Curtain: 4 Sentiment Approaches. Slated to appear are Jeffrey Catlin, CEO of Lexalytics, Amazon.com Vice President Sharon Chiarella, and Adam Pease of Rearden Commerce.
"Businesses are eager to extract and exploit consumer and market sentiment and opinion from the broad array of information sources online and in the enterprise," explained Grimes. "The November 9, 2011 San Francisco symposium will be a great learning and networking opportunity."
You can register for the symposium here.
A Call for Participation
If you can't make the event or simply want to be more involved, Grimes invites users, prospects, integrators and consultants to participate in the 2011 Text/Content Analytics Market Study.
The survey asks current and prospective users -- business people and technologists -- about their perceptions and experiences with text/content analytics. The whole thing is anonymous (unless you volunteer contact information), and findings will be released in a free report.
There are 21 questions total, with a predicted participation time of between 5 and ten minutes. Check it out here.